Fibromyalgia has changed me in many different ways, most of the time i don’t feel like my own age and according to some people i don’t look my age either but its surprising what a fake smile and some make up can do, it can make you look like a normal, happy and healthy person, but that is not how i feel at all, i feel weak and tired and no energy and in alot of pain with no cure and very little treatment that hardly never works and unable to get on with everyday life like others, i feel lost and isolated and i just feel like i am existing but not truly living in this world.
Fibromyalgia is a miss understood disease and major issue almost everyone faces here is lack of understanding and support. If you are living with fibro or other chronic illness you heard such harmless comments which actually shattered heart into million pieces and push your spirits down.
Here is what community share with us:
1. You’re Always Sick
- > You’re ALWAYS sick! Just get up and start moving around..you’re bound to start feeling better! – Patricia D
- > You always have a headache – Sussie
- > Is there anywhere you DON’T hurt ?! – Cecilia
2. You are Not trying hard
- > I know exactly how you feel but I have actually have a job “ -Branda
- > Stop using it as an excuse, you need to push yourself, the more you exercise the easier it gets. -Starvoula
- > You just need to exercise more. – Candice
- > People suggest I should move more, go to other places to inquire about my MS etc.- Clarisse
3. Lose some weight