If your loved one has fibromyalgia, it is difficult to understand exactly what has happened without experiencing it yourself. They probably need more time than you to sleep or they do not feel ready to go out very often. Fibromyalgia can also interfere with a person’s ability to work, do housework, or even perform everyday tasks, such as showering and feeding.
If you have a spouse who supports you or an important person, that makes all the difference. It is not that we are suffering and that we are exhausted. Change your life. You are not the same physically or mentally (my anguish) so much has disappeared. I know that everyone feels the same.
If one person has a chronic disease but the other is in good health, he can easily test even the strongest relationships. While it may be more difficult to put yourself in the other’s shoes or find a balance in which both feel like equal partners in the relationship, it is certainly not impossible, and for many couples facing obstacles such as chronic diseases can strengthen their bond and deepen their mutual love
We ask our communities “Living with fibromyalgia and chronic diseases” and “Living with fibromyalgia” to share ways in which people can help their spouse or partner with fibromyalgia. If your loved one is affected by a chronic health problem such as fibromyalgia, CF, the following ways can help you better understand what you are experiencing and give you some ideas of the things you could do to make them feel. world.
This is what our community told us:
1. When they have a crisis, hold them, let them cry and know that you are there to help them.
2. Learn everything you can about that. Be patient. You may not understand how it sounds, but bringing empathy and listening to your partner or spouse is very important. Unconditional love
3. Ask your partner to listen to you and read about people with fibromyalgia.
4. Avoid making them feel guilty. Give confidence and love. Lie on your bed and hold them, tell them you stay there a long time. And say it!
5. Believe them first, then support them, be pleasant at all times with the third place and put your weight on the relationship in a practical way. They have not planned more than you and both are in the same boat, so help them make the most of the trip. The more support you have, the sooner you will get your own physical condition and health, but it will take time and you will have to support them and lighten their physical and emotional burden as much as possible.
6. Show love and do not ask too many questions in an outbreak.
7. Draw a good warm bath, wash your hair, help them, dry them and brush them. Then, listening would be good.
8. Be understanding, patient, share housework, help others to question the truth of the disease, remember that this disease is not the fault or punishment of anyone. Above all, never stop loving the afflicted person.
9. Do exactly what you would like your girlfriend to do if the roles were reversed.
Above all, be kind, affectionate, patient and fun.
10. No guilt, a little sympathy and self-discipline. Sometimes I can only take care of myself … prepare dinner once a week. Aspirate or clean a shower. Remember we can not take the same things, or I can not, ten pounds and I’m almost exhausted
11. Do do not just listen to what they say, but listen!
12. Know the different aspects of pain often, bring some small things that will help: bags, medicines, drinks, heating pads, etc. Understand your difficulties, investigate.
13. Fill in the gaps … different forms of support in case of deficiencies. These are deep expressions for you to know and understand, then understand how it may be impossible to achieve them. Be creative Help with pain or the need to sleep on weekends, but I want to clean, comb my hair on the beach, look for a glass of sea, kayak, but it’s limited, play volleyball (I can not anymore) the bottom of my legs start hurting me If it looks like a shin splint, I pushed because it was great. I’m painting the wood and the windows, which would lead a healthy person to a summer. That will take me two. I agree with that. It is an example of reduced expectations that help me achieve goals that strengthen my esteem and strength.
14. Never say you are lazy
15. Never cut them to not feel good or to be able to do the things they could do once. Support even if you do not understand everything.
16. Keep them out of stressful situations. Allow them to rest when they need it.
If possible, live somewhere, the barometric pressure does not change much, regardless of the pain!
17. There is a wonderful book called Fibromyalgia for Dummies. My son read it, I do not know how many times. I really wanted to understand and help. My husband left in a month.
18. When I say that I can feel the energy that flows from me like a needle drawing blood, let me rest, because sweat, flu and brain fog are upon us.
19. Make sure they understand that even if they can not function as before, they remain a valuable member of the family and are not a burden.
20. Ask your wife what she would like from you and tell her you want to help in any way she can. Every little favor or help makes a difference for me, but we are all different. Some prefer the greatest possible independence. Many prefer to be interviewed before automatically assuming what is wanted or needed. Offer help or do things to help at home without asking after knowing what is wanted and needed. Some of us feel guilty for putting the burden on others.
Assure your spouse that you are by their side and that you do not mind helping you can and want to support and understand the best that can be a great relief for your spouse. Personally, I just like my feet massaged with a lotion. Other areas are too sensitive for massage. I need help at home, shopping, etc. I need a quiet environment to rest.
What would help your spouse? What would help your wife feel a little better or more comfortable? Know that you can not repair or change the disease, but you can offer assistance and comfort. Too often, people give unsolicited advice, which can worsen the situation by creating more realistic expectations and additional pressures. Then I can get depressed more or feel guilt and unnecessary shame.
I hope it helps you. ?
please share this information.